GDPT Vanh Hanh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband....

4 posters

Go down

Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband.... Empty Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband....

Post  xominivyox Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:14 am

It was the second news in this week we reported about virtual crime. News from FOX NEWS, A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.

The details are as below:

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.

She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to 5,000 USD.

Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character.

The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

The woman was arrested Wednesday and was taken across the country, traveling 620 miles from her home in southern Miyazaki to be detained in Sappporo, where the man lives, the official said.

The police official said he did not know if she was married in the real world.[center][left]
xominivyox
xominivyox

Back to top Go down

Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband.... Empty Re: Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband....

Post  Animosity Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:17 am

And Now this is the part where I stop playing Maplestory . . . -_-
Animosity
Animosity

Back to top Go down

Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband.... Empty wait, wait, wait...

Post  No. 2 Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:18 am

How do you kill a character? Like delete it? How did they calculate the USD value...? Was the husband like, buying the pay-items?

Anyway, me and Andrew used to play Maplestory on a private server
No. 2
No. 2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband.... Empty Re: Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband....

Post  xominivyox Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:20 am

No. 2 wrote:How do you kill a character? Like delete it? How did they calculate the USD value...? Was the husband like, buying the pay-items?

Anyway, me and Andrew used to play Maplestory on a private server

uhhh.
The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character.
xominivyox
xominivyox

Back to top Go down

Post  No. 2 Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:31 am

So she PKed him in PvP combat? That all?
No. 2
No. 2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xominivyox Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:35 am

No. 2 wrote:So she PKed him in PvP combat? That all?

uhh. im sorry. but what does that mean?
well besides that. i think she just hacked into his account or something
and deleted it just for revenge; you know, for divorcing her all of the sudden.
then the guy noticed that his beloved avatar are dead i guess then told the police.
oh and that lady was a 43 year old piano teacher who is actually married in the real lifee.
xominivyox
xominivyox

Back to top Go down

Post  No. 2 Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:39 am

So they both were married to other people IRL? WEIRD

PK= player kill
PvP=Player versus player

would you be jealous if your partner had a virtual spouse?
No. 2
No. 2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xominivyox Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:57 am

oooh. ahah. i get it. and ehh. i dont think the guy is. i mean. he would actually told the police about his characters dying....
sooo. not a huge chance that he is married. maybe. ahah. who knows. thats just my point of view...
xominivyox
xominivyox

Back to top Go down

Post  No. 2 Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:00 am

haha! true...

man i wanna call the police when i get killed in a vidja game
No. 2
No. 2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Maplestory: Japanese woman jailed after killing VIRTUAL husband.... Empty ....

Post  19pokemon Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:47 am

now you know what results from too much virtual gaming!
19pokemon
19pokemon

http://everything-that-is-cool.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down